By the age of three, each baby, as a rule, has a “soft zoo”. Bears, bunnies, squirrels and dogs appear as if by magic, and sooner or later there comes a moment when there is nowhere to go from soft toys. And this means that it's time to put the toys in order: throw out what is not needed, fix and clean what the child plays with.
By the age of three, each baby, as a rule, has a “soft zoo”. Bears, bunnies, squirrels and dogs appear as if by magic, and sooner or later there comes a moment when there is nowhere to go from soft toys. And this means that it's time to put the toys in order: throw out what is not needed, fix and clean what the child plays with
GET RID OF UNNECESSARY
It's hard for a baby to part with his favorite toy even during the wash. What can we say about throwing it out forever! If your child won't let you get rid of toys, be indulgent with his feelings: who can easily refuse a favorite thing?
- If the child agreed to give away those toys that he no longer needs, conduct an audit with him. Ask which toys are still his best friends. And with whom does he play at least sometimes? Maybe there are those that he no longer likes? That's what you need to get rid of in the first place.
- To make it easier for your baby to part with toys, do not throw them away, but give them to those who may need them. A kindergarten, a nursery, an orphanage, a hospital, a church - these are places where second-hand toys may well be accepted. The main thing is that they are clean and in good condition. When you go to donate toys, be sure to take your child with you so that he can see how happy the children are with his gift.
- Don't try to force your child to give up his old toys: we all get attached to things. And if the baby does not agree to part with soft animals, wait a bit. And do not try to throw away your favorite toys in the absence of the owner. If the loss is discovered, most likely, tragedy cannot be avoided.
- If the child has stopped playing with any of the soft animals, remove them for a while. And return when the baby misses them.
If there are a lot of toys, you need to place them compactly
If your beloved bear's paw is torn off, an eye is lost, or the tummy has become flat and hard, your professional surgical intervention will be needed
- To sew on a loose foot or to fix aseam that has come apart, you will need strong nylon thread and a large needle. The larger the soft animal, the larger the needle should be.
- If the toy's eye or nose fell off, do not sew on buttons or beads instead: the baby can tear them off and choke. It is better to embroider an eye or a nose with colored threads.
- If the toy is flat, filler can be added to it. Use a special filler from the store, foam rubber or cotton wool. To begin with, carefully examine the toy: sometimes the hole through which soft animals are stuffed is sewn up by hand, and then the stitch sizes vary. If the seam is the same everywhere, spread a small area (preferably on the shoulder or between the legs) and add filler through it.
- If the toy is seriously damaged, you will need a lot of imagination. For example, a one-eyed bear can turn into a pirate if you make him a bandage. And a beautiful hat will suit the bunny, which was left without an ear.
If your soft toy is stained or smells bad, it's time for a big cleaning. Ask the kid to help you: he can comb the washed animals!
- With soap and washcloths
You will need: A clean sponge or soft cloth, mild detergent or regular shampoo.
Your actions: Dissolve the cleaning agent in warm water and beat until soapy bubbles form. Wet a sponge with soapy water and gently scrub the soft toy, being careful not to absorb too much liquid. To wash away the dirt, and not just smear it on the toy, rinse the sponge as often as possible. Dry the toy on the battery. As a rule, it takes about a day.
- Dry clean
You will need: Large plastic bag, baking soda (about half a cup for 2-3 medium sized soft animals), soft brush.
Your actions: Put the toys in a bag (it is better to clean 2-3 medium animals at a time), pour out the soda. Close the bag and shake it vigorously for a minute. After that, take out the toys and brush with a soft brush to remove the baking soda along with the dirt. For larger toys, you can use a vacuum cleaner.
- In the washing machine
If the toy says machine washable, run a delicate wash cycle. As a rule, the most difficult thing is to persuade a child to part with his favorite toy, at least for a while. Make washing animals a real adventure. Say, “Teddy bear is going to ride in the washing machine! He'll have fun!" If the child refuses to let go of the toy, arrange laundry at night or when the child is in kindergarten or grandparents.
SOFT TOY OWN HANDS
This spider is easy to make. You don’t even need to buy something special - almost every home has everything you need for work
1 We make a pattern according to the attached patterns.
2 Sew the paws from the inside out, turn right side out and weight with pebbles.
3 Sew together the upper halves of the spider's body.
4 Put the paws on the lower part of the spider's body and carefully cover with the upper part.
5 Basting and stitching, leaving a hole through which we turn the product on the front side.
6 Stuff the body with cotton or other soft filler.
7 Sew on eyes. You can use buttons or circles of dense fabric.
8 We make a bang from woolen threads and sew it on.
If you decide to change your baby's pillow, then it is absolutely not necessary to throw out the old one, it can turn into a funny soft fish toy
1 Take a piece of fabric and sew a pillow cover.
2 Make fins and a tail out of gold brocade, sew to the fish.
3 Gently sew the corners together to make the pillow triangular.
4 Use white foam for the eyes.
5 A shell can serve as a mouth for a fish.