Traveling with children requires careful preparation and thoughtfulness.
Where and why
Trying to clearly break down trips with children by interests and ages is a thankless task. However, some general guidelines will come in handy here.
- If you have young or middle-aged children, then the choice is better to make in favor of the sea. This is he alth, and entertainment, and new experiences. It is more interesting and useful to travel to different places every year: one year - to the Crimea, another - to Anapa, the third - to Egypt, Croatia or Crete. If you want to go to a resort with children and at the same time take a break from parental worries, choose Turkey - there are very good children's animators in the hotels. By the way, you can go to any of these places both cheaply and expensively - according to your capabilities.
- If your children are older (10-14 years old), then you can organize a trip with an educational bias - a tour of European cities or an exotic country like China or Thailand. If you can't afford Europe and Asia, show your child at least Russian cities, such as St. Petersburg or the Golden Ring.
- Another win-win option for a joint holiday between children and parents is a camping trip. Today, many companies offer such services. You will be provided with the necessary equipment and instructed on safety rules.
- Great idea: when preparing for a trip, look through school textbooks for the next year, find a topic in them that the child can study on the upcoming trip, and invite him to collect material on it during the trip - take pictures, make notes interesting and informative.
- 1-2 day upset stomach (no poisoning!)
- runny nose, cough
- Take a family multivitamin and fortifier a week or two before departure.
- On the first day at sea, do not let the kids swim, and in the first days after returning to the cold, do not take them out for a walk.
- location on the first line from the sea, close to the airport;
- gentle and not rocky entrance to the water;
- special diet food for children;
- good infrastructure (playground, children's pool, children's animation, nanny);
- presence of non-noisy rooms (remote from night discos and mass festivities); in the room: refrigerator, carpet on the floor, comfortable baby cot.
- Don't be afraid to take too many things for the child, let them be superfluous, but for almost all occasions.
- Get serious about collecting first-aid kit and protective baby cosmetics!
- Put your child's favorite toys in his personal backpack.
- On the road, take a change of linen and clothes for the child, wet wipes will come in handy.
- For the baby, take his usual food (for example, you will not find yogurt abroad).
Up to 2 years
To go on a long trip with a baby under 2 years old - this means not to rest with a child, but to rest with a child. At this age, the baby will not be able to get any pleasure from traveling, he will not even understand that he went somewhere. Therefore, if you have the opportunity to leave such a crumb in the usual conditions, it will be better for him.
2 to 4 years old
You should not travel with children of this age to a very hot climate - especially from a cold zone. Doctors believe that acclimatization in this case will surely end with the illness of a little traveler.
4 years and older
Your child, if he is he althy and has no contraindications, is quite ready to travel both physically and mentally.
Plane or train
It is believed that children endure the plane even better than adults. But on the train, the child faces many difficulties: a long tiring road, stuffiness, motion sickness and even claustrophobia. Many parents choose the railway for reasons of economy, but, firstly, now the prices are almost equal, and secondly, many airlines give children big discounts, and kids under 2 years old are allowed on the plane for free - on their knees with their parents or in a special cradle.
Prepare for a vacation with children in advance
The reaction of the body to climate change is an unpleasant thing, but for travelers it is quite common and surmountable. What is it expressed in?
It could be:
Acclimatization is an individual thing. It usually goes away in three days, but it can take more than a week. The basic law of acclimatization: the greater the deviation from the usual latitude, the more intense the acclimatization.
How to deal with it?
Think of fun activities for kids
In order for the children to have a good rest themselves and give you a rest, you need to take care in advance about what they will do: on the road, during unforeseen pauses or delays, in a hotel room, if you want to go somewhere, on the beach etc. Choose entertainment according to their age - books, magazines with children's crosswords, notebooks and pencils, puzzles, jigsaw puzzles, road chess or dominoes, after all, playing cards.
Don't let the young traveler get bored. Themselves, without forcing the child to whine and pull your sleeve, engage him in conversation and play, do not keep him locked up, do not pull once again, and even more so do not make scandals in public. It is best to consider in advance the possibility of including other children of a suitable age in your company, or to ensure that the child interacts with peers already at the place of rest.
Choose a hotel
5 signs of a child-friendly hotel:
As you know, not only experiences, but also joy is stress for the body. On the road or in an unusual company, the child may not behave quite adequately. Therefore, it is better to try to anticipate all the possible slips that may occur on the road and at your place of residence (traffic delays, unusual food, local customs). Remind your child about the basic rules of courtesy, that “they don’t climb into someone else’s monastery with their charter.”