If in the country you like to relax in a rocking chair with your favorite book in your hands, and not work in the garden, these tips are just for you. They'll help you find plants that are easy to care for and give you garden decorating ideas that are easy to implement.
If in the country you like to relax in a rocking chair with your favorite book in your hands, and not work in the garden, these tips are just for you. They'll help you find plants that are easy to care for and give you garden decorating ideas that are easy to implement
On the one hand, lawn grass is quite difficult to keep in order. But on the other hand, there is nothing more pleasing to the eye than smooth, green, neatly trimmed grass in a summer cottage. In addition, both adults and children love to walk barefoot on it! To make it easier to cut the grass, make lawns in a square or rectangular shape on the site. If your lawn doesn't have intricate curves, a good lawn mower will trim the grass in minutes. Along the perimeter, the lawn can be laid out with stones or tiles.
Growing a small garden that creates the impression of peace and comfort is not difficult. The natural beauty of nature does not require outside interference. Use a minimum of plants and decorative items, do not try to plant every centimeter of your summer cottage. The more free space on the site, the easier it is to breathe there and the larger it seems. There is nothing more pleasant than relaxing in the shady greenery of your garden. In autumn, the play of colors will also look impressive.
Leave a small "wild" corner on the site, and it will give a special mood to your garden. Mow the grass once - around the middle of May, and then let it grow freely. And you will enjoy your own little meadow with a sea of wildflowers until the very autumn. In addition, there will be many bees, wasps, butterflies and other beneficial insects. All these living creatures provide natural protection to the garden, protecting plants from many pests and diseases.
When choosing seedlings or seedlings, take your time. Carefully inspect the stem, roots and leaves. The right choice will save a lot of time in the future. Before planting, be sure to prepare the soil by adding fertilizer. The plant will take root faster and will develop better.
POTS AND BUCKETS
If you don't have enough time and energy to take care of several flower beds at once, try planting flowers in bright pots or containers. At the moment when the flower looks the most advantageous, put it in the most prominent place.
CONTRASTS AND DETAILS
- Colorful pots will add color to the garden. It is convenient to grow small annual flowers in them, as well as greens and various varieties of lettuce. Pots of edible herbs can be placed close to the kitchen so you don't have to run to the other end of the yard when you're cooking.
- Remember that potted plants need to be fed with liquid fertilizer on average once a week, then the harvest will be impressive. Petunias, fuchsias, lobelias do great in pots or small containers.
- Similar flowers look best together or, on the contrary, contrastingly matched. Marigold flowers, for example, create an amazing mixture of yellow and orange.
- Succulents look very impressive in large round pots or tubs, which perfectly protect them from drafts.
!How to care for pots
- Rinse the flower pot thoroughly before planting flowers.
- It is most convenient to fill pots with soil that is suitable for almost any plant. Its advantage is that it is light, which means that the pot will be easy to move from place to place. Minus - such land is quickly depleted and it needs to be fertilized periodically.
- For perennials, use soil that suits the flower.
- After planting, water the plants generously and leave the pots in the shade for a few days.
- Make sure the plants don't dry out.
- If a flower is sick, start treating it right away.
5 SIMPLE TIPS
1When planting plants, mix fertilizer with a small amount of gravel or granules that absorb moisture well. In this case, you will be able to water the plants less often.
2 Always choose your seedlings very carefully, because a he althy plant takes root faster and will require less care later. A strong plant should have he althy roots and young shoots.
3 Before planting, it is advisable to add some organic fertilizer or compost to the soil. Try to remember to water the plant abundantly until it is well established and strong.
4 Avoid plants that grow quickly and luxuriantly, otherwise it will take a lot of effort to get rid of unwanted growth. But slow growing plants won't give you any trouble.
5 Pleasing to the eye with their beauty and naturalness, flower beds in which ornamental grass is mixed with unpretentious, but bright flowers, such as geranium or periwinkle, bloom all summer.
COLOR ALL SUMMER
There are plants that will delight you during all the warm months: in spring - delicate greenery, in summer - flowers and bright berries, in autumn - colorful leaves.
An indispensable inhabitant of flower beds. Bright, fragrant cascades of all shades of the rainbow bloom from early summer until the first frost. The flowers almost completely cover the foliage. The plant blooms in the year of sowing, therefore it is used as an annual. Petunia is a light-loving plant, flowering stops in rainy and cold weather, but resumes with the onset of good weather. Modern hybrids do well in pots and tubs.
Wild rose - wild rose - an unpretentious shrub that pleases the eye throughout the summer season. All summer it blooms with velvety fragrant flowers, in autumn its leaves turn orange or bright red. Rose hips are great as impenetrable hedges in your garden. The shrub loves light and fertile soil.
Climbing nasturtium is ideal for accentuating those corners of your yard that lack light. Already in early summer, it blooms with bright red flowers that contrast with green leaves. It is best to buy seedlings in the spring and plant them in the shade near the fence, the flower will very quickly reach for the light and grow. Flowering continues until October.
The heliopsis plant (golden ball) has a lot of advantages: it requires almost no care, grows well in any soil and looks great as a hedge. Blooms until late autumn.
WATER AND STONES
In hot weather, even the smallest pond in the garden moisturizes and refreshes the air, and the plants planted along the banks look even more attractive than in the flower bed.
WATER IS THE GARDENER'S FRIEND
A small pond will add charm to your site and immediately make it unusual. The very sight of water calms many people, not to mention the fact that the sound of running water makes them sleep very well and sweetly, especially in the open air.
MAKE A POND
The bright mosaic looks great next to a small pond - it's easy to make. This wall was bonded with cement, covered with several layers of PVA and painted with natural pigment paint.
CREATE A STILL LIFE
Plants are not the only way to decorate a garden. Beautiful stones, which are matched in color, size and shape, look very impressive. For this purpose, you need to look for round, rounded stones with cracks and notches, cobblestones, etc. Stones can be combined with earthenware, dry branches of ornamental shrubs, and small figures. The advantage of such a site is the ease of care for it.
DECOR AND SPACE
Sometimes just a few touches are enough to make your garden seem bright, charming and unique. Do not forget about the pleasant little things that in the blink of an eye can change the usual picture on the site.
If you have at least one memorable detail in your garden, it will distract the eye from the less well-groomed corners of the site. Today, there are many decorative items on sale for every taste and budget. Garden sculptures, decorative hedges, lamps and fountains - all this will help you turn a garden plot into a small work of art. Decorative elements have another undoubted advantage - they do not need to be grown for a long time.
A LITTLE HUMOR
The accessories you decorate your yard with don't have to be expensive and fancy. A funny frog near a small pond or pool will demonstrate to guests not only the wonderful taste of the owner of the garden, but also her sense of humor.
LESTER IS BETTER
The variety of flowers and plants is not always justified. Lush bushes from plants of the same species look much more beautiful. The main thing is to be able to combine them correctly in color, height and flowering time. In addition, such a garden is much easier to care for.
- Divide the site into zones. If the site is visible at a glance, this deprives it of secrets. Try to divide the garden into zones with tall plants, they will add intrigue. In order to view the garden, visitors will need to walk slowly around it, and not just take a quick look.
- Hide imperfections. Every yard has corners that you want to hide from prying eyes, like a compost pit. This can be done using a small gazebo or screen. It will turn out very effectively if these screens are entwined with plants or decorated with glass and decorative details. Sometimes just a few touches are enough to make your garden seem bright, charming and unique. Do not forget about the pleasant little things that in the blink of an eye can change the usual picture on the site.