How to quickly freshen up a sofa, armchairs and other upholstered furniture.
How to quickly freshen up a sofa, armchairs and other upholstered furniture
What you need for cleaning:
• Rubber gloves
• Vacuum cleaner with attachment
• Dishwashing liquid or dry furniture foam
• Soft cloth
1. Hair removal. If your beloved cat or dog has a habit of relaxing on your couch, you will certainly have to deal with unpleasant cleaning of wool. We recommend not to waste time with a sticky roller brush - it is not suitable for large surfaces (sofa or sofa). Instead, put on rubber cleaning gloves and run both hands over the seat, back, and rails of the sofa or chair to pick up the hair. As it builds up on the gloves, roll the wool into a ball and throw it in a trash bag. If the gloves are slightly wetted with water, the work will go faster and much more efficiently, but this can only be done if the upholstery of the furniture is not afraid of water.
2. Defeating crumbs and dust. Despite the strict rule never to dine on the sofa, small crumbs somehow still get between the folds of the upholstery and under the sofa cushions. The most effective means of dealing with them, of course, remains a vacuum cleaner. Put on the upholstery nozzle and thoroughly vacuum the entire surface of the sofa, sofa or armchair, moving from top to bottom and from left to right. There is another way: shake off all the dust and dirt from the sofa with a stiff brush on the floor and also vacuum, but not the sofa, but the floor.
3. Washing the stains. After you have removed the wool and brushed the crumbs off the sofa, there will certainly be some kind of speck that you did not even notice before. If the upholstery can be wetted, squeeze a small amount of dishwashing detergent into a glass of water and shake vigorously to create a good lather (this works best with a kitchen whisk). Dip a clean cloth into the lather, being careful not to wet it, and rub the stain until it is gone. Rinse the cloth, wring it out well and wipe off the remaining foam from the furniture. For fabrics that cannot be washed or wetted, such as silk, purchase dry foam solvent for carpets and upholstery.
To make it easier next time
• Apply a protective upholstery spray to keep dust and pet hair from sticking to furniture.
• Cover the seats and rails of sofas and armchairs with an easy-to-wash blanket.