He althy mood: how to survive the winter without loss
Winter… Cold and darkness, longing for the sun, cold feet, runny nose and fatigue…
Which winter would you prefer?
Temperature fluctuations, which the body experiences 4-6 times a day, provide the body not only with regular hypothermia, but also with no less frequent overheating. Such instability is in itself a test for the immune system. Difficult skin breathing causes increased slagging of the body. Add the traditional winter diet, exacerbated by the impending holidays, and here is the answer to the annual spring fatigue syndrome. Due to improper nutrition, the natural microflora is disturbed and the body becomes practically defenseless against viruses and numerous infections.
To prevent dysbacteriosis, it is important to include the right foods in your diet.
● Fermented milk products: kefir, sour cream, cheese, yogurt, acidophilus milk, ayran - support and restore the body's microflora.
● Salutary for the intestines are sauerkraut (but not pickled!) Cabbage, pickles, pickled apples. In addition, they are rich in vitamin C and trace elements.
● Garlic is a truly miraculous remedy: it acts as an adaptogen on the body. Garlic kills pathogenic microflora and at the same time stimulates the growth of friendly bacteria.
+ adjust temperature
In winter, a “multi-layered” style of clothing is good. The air gap between two to three layers of fabric guarantees more warmth than one thick sweater. With a sharp transition from cold to heat (when entering the room from the street), you should reduce the “thermal protection” - unbutton your fur coat, take off your hat and scarf, etc. And do not stand in the cold for more than five minutes. Take a taxi or walk.
+ tone up
Ginseng root, Rhodiola rosea, rosehip tincture are natural immune stimulants that perfectly tone up.
2. CONQUER LETHARGYIn winter, in complete solidarity with nature, people try to move as little as possible and sleep as much as possible. Moreover, it was found that the need of the weaker sex in winter sleep is 1.5-2 hours more than that of men.
+ do self-massage
Here are three zones that serve as a kind of activator of internal energy resources: these are the auricles, palms and feet. A record number of points converge here, the direct stimulation of which affects the internal organs.
Active "warming up" - pinching, rubbing, kneading each zone in the morning for 5 minutes - guarantees a charge of vivacity. Experts say that regular self-massage is so effective that it is not recommended to do it after 19:00, you may have problems falling asleep.
+ having fun
Getting as many positive emotions as possible is your duty to yourself and your loved ones, especially in winter. The quality of emotions directly determines which group of hormones will be produced more actively - stress-forming or vice versa. Organize meetings with friends, go to the theater, cinema, go out of town. In winter, social life requires extra effort, but it is necessary - and not only during the holidays!
The condition of the skin depends on the general condition of the body. But in winter, external factors are also strong: wind, frost, central heating. Dermatologist, Ph.D. Olga Zabnenkova advises.
+ nourish and moisturize
The main problem in winter is increased skin sensitivity and a tendency to irritation. Use soothing products (containing azulene, chamomile extract or seaweed), cosmetic milk or cream for dry skin.
+ care in general
A traditional contrast shower will help to harden the skin, a warm bath with the addition of 100 g of fat (20%) cream will moisturize and soothe.
Massage your lips daily with a dry toothbrush and apply nourishing lip balm (or lip balm). In cold weather, additionally protect them with vitamin F cream.
4. IMPROVE SHAPEIn winter, the metabolism slows down - this is the reason for seasonal body fat. But a diet, especially a strict one, is not the best option for the winter months, says Lyubov Yelizova, a gastroenterologist and nutritionist. Firstly, the body will “turn on” the energy-saving mode and the metabolic rate (metabolism) will decrease. The main problem of most diets is in violation of the component balance. We need proteins and fats, carbohydrates and cereals, vegetables and fruits, meat and seafood.
Winter sports are associated more with pleasure than with tiring physical exertion. Yoga, Pilates or stretching contribute to the development of flexibility and overall he alth of the body. However, any exercises speed up the metabolism and compensate for the global lack of heat in the body.