It is important to remember that such an emergency situation can happen to anyone: anyone can get lost - both a child and an adult. What to do first and what is important to know to keep your family safe?
Children: Let's talk about safety
Children are the most often lost - due to excessive activity, lack of fear, curiosity. All these qualities are not bad at all, the child just needs to know how to behave in crowded places. In advance, in a calm atmosphere, discuss with him what he should remember and what to do if he is behind his parents or a group of friends.
- Photograph children more often, every time you go to a crowded place: to an amusement park, to an exhibition, to the cinema - right when you leave the house. The picture should clearly show the face, clothing.
- Parents should know the names and coordinates of all close friends of the child and their parents, contact details of educators, coaches, teachers; all class schedule. It is good if the relationship with the child is trusting, and he does not “password-protect” his pages on social networks, so that in an emergency you have access to them.
- Be sure to make sure that the child charges and does not forget the mobile phone on time, connect the function or install the application that allows you to track his location if necessary. The SIM card in the child's phone must be issued to the parents - then, in case of loss, it will be possible to connect the search service.
- Pay attention to the mood of the child, be aware of important events, relationships with peers, upcoming events. It is necessary that he notify you of all "unscheduled" movements.
- If you are going to a crowded place, dress your child brightly so that he can be easily distinguished in the crowd.
- A child must know basic information about himself and his parents: first name, last name, address. For children under 5-6 years old, let them carry a parent's business card or information on a piece of paper.
- Explain to the child that falling behind parents or the group is unpleasant, but not scary if you don’t panic and follow important rules: call your parents, don’t run away to search on your own, but stay in place, contact an employee in uniform (ticket attendant, salesman, security guard, policeman), or to adults with children - and say that you have lost your parents, ask them to dial their number.
- When going to the mall, amusement park, arrange a meeting point in advance.
- A child should know for sure that in no case should you go anywhere with strangers. You need to refuse, resist, scream if a stranger tries to take him away.
How not to get lost in the forest
When going for mushrooms in the forest (especially unfamiliar), it is advisable to have with you: a mobile phone with a full charge, a compass, matches or / and a lighter, a large bright plastic bag or a raincoat, a bottle of water, a penknife, a whistle. Another thing to keep in mind.
- on the road in an unfamiliar forest, try to notice landmarks,
- realizing that you are lost, do not panic, stop (preferably in a clearing, path - the most open place) so as not to go even further into the depths of the forest,
- mark your location - for example, hanging a bright package as high as possible,
- try to contact relatives, police or rescue service by phone,
- signal whistle, knock, shout,
- turn off all extras on your phone to conserve battery,
- use drinking water sparingly
- arrange a place to sleep, protect it from rain, wind.
An old man got lost
If the family has a disabled person or a pensioner with even minor problems with memory and orientation in space, you need to make sure that he always has written information about who he is and where he lives, contact details of relatives, a copy of medical he alth reports (in the pockets of outerwear, in a breast purse with a drawstring).
- Search service must be activated on your mobile phone (all mobile operators have it).
- Use GPS-sensors with a "panic" button, allowing you to monitor the location of a person and call for help in an emergency (an alert is sent to a pre-selected phone number).
First 48 hours
According to statistics, the sooner the search for the missing person begins, the more likely it is to find him. The main advice is to take action immediately.
- First of all, call all your close friends and acquaintances, ask about everything that can help in your search.
- Carefully inspect the room of the missing person, his personal belongings, clothes - to establish what he was wearing, what he had with him.
- Get all the information you can about him, his special features, habits, money and valuables he has, look for the latest photos.
- A statement to the police can be filed immediately, and not at all after three days, as was customary before. You must accept the application at the first request, refusal to accept the application is illegal - otherwise call 02 or the prosecutor's office. Moreover, the application must be accepted at any police station, regardless of the time of disappearance, from any citizen (not necessarily a relative). Be sure to get the registration number of your missing person report, write down the name and rank of the police officer.
- Contact the volunteer search squad for missing people - "Lisa Alert", "Peter-search".
- Follow all advice and recommendations from the police and volunteer service.
- Keep in touch with the police and volunteer service at all times.
- Request a printout of all calls and messages from the phone of the missing telecom operator, record incoming calls to your home phone and mobile family members.
- Do not try to hide (if any) the he alth and mental problems of the missing family member, any negative information about him, his family and close circle - these data can become the most important in the search.
- Call information about accidents or recent emergency hospitalizations. Phone in Moscow: 8 (495) 688-22-52.
- Search for information about the missing on the site findme.mos.ru, where hospitals post data on unidentified patients: undocumented, unconscious, with amnesia, small children, etc.
- Involve the maximum number of relatives, friends and acquaintances in the search, post all the information about the missing person on the maximum number of Internet resources, post leaflets with descriptions and photos in public places.
Liza Alert search service: lizaalert.org - hotline, reminders for parents.
Search service "Peter-search": piter-poisk.ru - information about the search, recommendations on how to act.
Mobile Rescuer app: spasatel.mchs.ru - you can call the rescue service with one click, at the same time the location information will go to the regional emergency response service.
Apps My Tracks, "I'm going home" and similar - will help you navigate in an unfamiliar place and find your way back.