This quick shortcrust pastry pie easily transforms into… 4 different pies! We choose a sweet, spicy or savory filling, add it to the basic recipe and - in the oven! Anyone who is tired of pies with cabbage - take advantage!
CAKE BASE RECIPE
Prep: 15 minutes
Total - 55 minutes
Calculated for 8 servings
You will need
- 2, 5 tbsp. flour without slides
- 1/3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp fine s alt
- 225g cold butter (cut into cubes)
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 large egg, shaken
- Preheat oven to 220C. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and s alt. Using two forks or a blender with a shortcrust pastry attachment, mix the butter and flour mixture into fine (pea-sized) crumbs. Place in the freezer for 14-16 minutes until the butter has hardened.
- Add the cream, stir with a fork until moist, then gently knead with your hands to form a ball in the bowl. Place the dough on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment and knead into a circle with a diameter of 20 cm (2-2.5 cm thick). Cut into 8 wedges, spread them about 1 cm apart. Brush with egg.
- Bake, turning pan once during baking, until wedges are browned and cooked through, 22-25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool for 10 minutes. Drizzle with buttermilk frosting.
FOUR MORE FLAVORS
Sweet toppings make for a chic tea pie, while a pie with spicy cheese, cheese, raspberry or ham is an appetizer option that can be served with wine.
Tangerines and rosemary
Whisk with cream 1 tbsp. tangerine zest, 1/3 tbsp. tangerine jam, 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary - add to the dough. You don't need frosting, instead lightly melt 1/4 cup tangerine jam with 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary and spread the frosting over the warm cake. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
Green onion and feta
Sugar will only need 2 tbsp. To flour before adding cream, stir in three thinly sliced white parts of green onions, 120 g of crumbled feta (about 1 cup) and 2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper.
Blueberry and Vanilla
170 g blueberries, 1 tbsp. lemon zest and 1 tsp. vanilla extract mixed with flour mixture. Then cook according to the recipe.
Ham, spicy cheese and cheddar
Sugar take only 2 tbsp. To the flour mixture, add 0.5 tbsp. finely chopped ham or bacon, 120 g grated spicy cheese (about 1 cup) and 1 crushed hot pepper without seeds in a blender. Before baking, place thin circles of pepper on the pie slices.