This simple baby potato dish looks festive and is incredibly easy to make. Accordion potatoes with a golden crust - definitely worth a try!
You will need:
- 1 kg small new potatoes
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- Coarse sea s alt - to taste
- Preheat oven to 200C. Peel or wash potatoes with a brush. With a sharp knife, make deep cuts every 3 mm along the entire length of the tuber, without cutting through it to the base. (For convenience, you can put the tuber between two sushi sticks, they will not allow you to cut through the potato to the end.)
- In a small saucepan, mix vegetable oil and butter, heat without boiling.
- Lay the potatoes accordion-side up in one layer on a baking sheet, pour over with heated oil, sprinkle with coarse s alt and bake for 45-50 minutes. Baste potatoes with hot oil from time to time.
- Sprinkle potatoes with fresh rosemary leaves 10 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Add thin small chunks of bacon by inserting them into the potato cuts - 2-3 pieces per tuber.
- Mix 3 cloves of minced garlic with hot oil and brush potatoes before baking.