Let's be honest: no matter how good a driver you consider yourself, traveling with children is in any case stress, responsibility and worries. What should I do to make my trip as smooth as possible?
Here are eight simple tips from road safety experts,
- Children can get bored along the way. The main task is to keep them as busy as possible and focus on the road.
- Any childish activity can distract you, so keep your distance from the car in front more than usual. This is how you protect yourself and your children. If you can read the number plate of the car ahead while driving on the highway, you are staying too close.
- Keep your kids busy playing consoles, tablets, or watching movies. Be sure to bring headphones for children - the sound can be as distracting as the children themselves.
- If the trip is long, make sure you bring enough food, drinks, and some snacks so you don't get nagged to stop.
- Schedule stops where children can go to the bathroom or just breathe.
- Take a few plastic bags in case of motion sickness. Make sure they are not full of holes.
- The second adult in the car will take away most of your headaches. Don't neglect your helpers.
- If children start fighting or fighting, first stop in a safe place and only then figure out what happened.