Can't get past the muffins at the cafe? Do you dream about them every time you don't have time to have breakfast? Listen, stop dreaming and spending extra money! This pastry is one of the simplest.
You can make muffin dough using a simple formula: 2 parts flour, 2 parts liquid, 1 part eggs, 1 part butter. Don't forget the baking powder!
Prep time: 30 minutes
You will need for 6 pieces:
- 140g dark chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 120g wheat or almond flour (almond flour can be made by grinding 120g almonds in a regular coffee grinder
- Quick Granola Muffins
- 50g sugar
- 50g honey
- 0.5 tsp dry yeast
- 40 g vegetable oil
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 160C. Sift flour and yeast into a bowl.
- In a water bath or in the microwave, melt the chocolate with vegetable oil.
- Beat eggs with sugar and honey. Whisking continuously, add flour and yeast and mix until smooth.
- Mix the melted chocolate into the batter with a spatula. Fill muffin molds and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
There is an option! Want to feel chocolate chips inside the muffins? Add a handful of crushed chocolate to the batter and bake as usual.
Savory Party Muffins
They are cooked with cheese and bacon. Such muffins are good for a buffet table (with a glass of white wine - just lovely!), You can take them with you to work or put them in a box in your student's briefcase. Inside is cheese and pieces of smoked bacon.
Quick muffins with granola
Reluctant to mess around with dough? Buy ready-made biscuit mixture and a bag of granola, mix as directed in the recipes, divide into molds and bake.
Muffins for dieters
If you are on a diet, this is not a reason to give up your favorite muffins. Check out our whole wheat muffin recipe with cane sugar (no sugar? Substitute fructose!) and bittersweet chocolate.
"Sunny" dried apricot muffins
Muffins are very easy to take different additives. They are cooked with dried fruits, pieces of candied fruits, black or white chocolate… You can also use dried apricots - a slight sourness is very good!