Lasagna is not an exact science, so feel free to add new ingredients or change the ones in the recipe. Ricotta, for example, can be replaced with good cottage cheese.
QUANTITY: 10 servings
COOKING TIME: 1.5 hours
2 courgettes zucchini
4 tbsp. l. olive oil
2 garlic cloves (chopped)
4 small carrots (grated)
1 jar (500 ml) tomato pasta sauce:
200 g mozzarella cheese
½ cup grated parmesan
½ cup chopped parsley
1 large egg
1 pack of lasagne sheets
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Slice the zucchini thinly, place on a kitchen towel and sprinkle with s alt. Let stand 15 minutes, pat dry.
2. Cut the onion and grate the carrots on a coarse grater. Heat oil in a saucepan, saute onion, carrot and garlic until golden brown, about 6 minutes, add tomato sauce and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes.
3. Mix ricotta with chopped herbs, add egg, half grated mozzarella and parmesan, mix.
4. In a baking dish, spread half of the tomato sauce to cover the bottom. Top with lasagna sheets, zucchini slices, a third of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers until you run out of sauce. The top layer is tomato sauce and the remaining mozzarella cheese.
5. Cover the veggie lasagna dish with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes until the mozzarella is melted and browned. Remove lasagna from oven, cool 15 minutes, then slice.
Other lasagna recipes with photos.