Worried that your child doesn't like to read? Yes, you just offer him the wrong books.
- Sergei Sedov, Tales of Kings. No reverence for their majesties - short and slightly absurd tales in which kings either blow their noses, or stutter, or get lost.
- Andrey Usachev, "Smart Dog Sonya". Sonya is a royal mongrel. Quick-witted, loves her owner, doesn't like mustard, gets into trouble all the time.
- Michael Bond, Paddington Bear A story about a bear from Peru who lives with an English family, tries to act decently but somehow doesn't always work out.
- Jill Murphy, "The Worst Witch". Mildred is a girl studying to be a witch, but never learns. Double, in general. But she has a cat Striped!
- Luciano Malmusi, "Neanderthal boy at school and at home". In the last Ice Age, everything was almost like now: primitive children went to school, argued with primitive parents, drove primitive dogs and went hiking.
- Paul Maar, "Seven Saturdays in a week". Tales of a little magical Subastic with a snout instead of a nose.
- Richard and Florence Atwater, Mr. Popper's Penguins. Yes, the Jim Carrey movie about how a house painter raises penguins is based on this book. The book is better!
- Annie Schmidt, "Murli". The story of how a cat turns into a girl and continues to understand cat language. But nature regularly takes its toll, so it will be funny.
- Cressida Cowell, How to Train Your Dragon Useful tips on how to piss off a dragon, defeat a dragon, speak dragon… It's actually about Hiccup Karasik, who must become a hero. There are much more adventures and jokes than in the cartoon.
- Elvira Lindo, "Manolito Bespectacled". Stories about an eight-year-old boy who behaves quite normally: either he knocks his glasses, then he fights with a friend, then he writes off the test unsuccessfully.
- Roald Dahl, "Piggies". Who is the stinkiest and nastiest person in the world? This is Mr. and Mrs. Pig, get to know them soon.
- Andy Stanton, "The Terrible Mr. Byak". This wonderful man fiercely hates all living things - except for his garden, which he diligently looks after. In general, I took care of it once.
Timote de Fombel, "Toby Lolness: a hair's breadth from death." Semeystov Toby lives on a tree (they fit because they are very small), his dad is a scientist, he is about to make a discovery. But then the problems begin
- Rene Gossini, "All About Baby Nicolas" Stories with drawings about a tomboy and a bully.
- Egner Thorbjorn, "People and robbers from Cardamom". Stories about a small town and its inhabitants. Rogues spawn regularly!
- Eno Raud, Muff, Half Shoes and Mossbeard. Great funny tales about the naxitrallei gnomes.
- Enid Blyton, "The Secret of the Tangled Trail" and other books in the series. A true children's detective: mysteries, clues and revelations.
- Edith Nesbit, "Five Children and It" A fairytale story about children who unearth a monster that can grant wishes that…
- Anne Fine, Diary of a Killer Cat Tuffy the cat book series: he has a vile personality, he is a misanthrope, a bully and a destroyer (to be honest, there will be no murders).