We all have different ideas about the perfect leisure time. What is good for an extrovert is hard work for an introvert. Of course, you want your partner (girlfriend, beloved cousin) to share your interests and aspirations. But if she wants to sit in her hole, it is unlikely that she will be able to lure her out of there with these phrases:
1. "Let's go, it'll be fun!" Maybe it will, maybe it won't, maybe it'll rain, maybe it'll snow. But you know exactly where it will be fun? On my couch in front of the TV. So not convinced.
2. "You haven't left the house in a week." I know. It was one of my best weeks.
3. "I think you're depressed and need to shake things up." Because I don't want to go to a night out where everyone gets drunk and listens to pop music? Never heard of such a symptom of depression, honestly.
4. "So what, you're just going to sit alone and feel sorry for yourself?" Feel sorry?! I'm going to make a pretty planter out of plastic bottles and beads, then stock up on a plate of hot sandwiches and rewatch Season 3 of Orange is the New Black. In my opinion, this is more called pampering than pitying!
5. "But everyone will be so happy to see you!" So nice of them! Please say hello to them, but I know that the joy of meeting will last five minutes, and the discomfort and boredom that I experience at parties - all this endless evening. Kisses, have fun without me.
6. "I'll stop inviting you, you never come anyway." It's a shame, but it's fair.
7. "Do you hate having fun?" What nonsense! I love to have fun, so I'm going to stay at home, turn on my favorite music and finally clean up the bookshelves.
8. "Why don't you go? You don't have any plans!” I didn't get it. How is it that there are no plans? I need to write something for my blog, organize files from my Desktop into folders, change screensavers on all devices and look for a new alarm ringtone!
9. “Nadya will be there! She's your best friend!” Yes, Nadia is my best friend. We'll have lunch with her next week when we can have a quiet chat, without distractions from other guests and without yelling over the music.
10. "Don't be shy. Everyone will like you.” I don't want to try to please, I want to stay in my comfort zone.
11. "No wonder you don't have many friends." You don't have many friends either. The rest are just acquaintances, party members, extras that will instantly dissipate in difficult times.
12. "But you need to rest, relax. You work too hard.” Yes, I really want to rest, relax. To be alone.