This childhood favorite cake can be made at home. The only difficulty is to find agar-agar for making soufflé. Look in online stores, and if you don’t want to wait for delivery, you can cook Bird’s Milk with gelatins. We will show you how to do it right!
You will need for cakes:
- 100g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 140g flour
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 squirrels
- 460 g sugar
- 0.5 tsp citric acid
- 2tsp (no slide) agar-agar
- 140ml water
- 200g butter
- 100g condensed milk
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
You will need for frosting:
- 75g chocolate
- 50g butter
1. To prepare the cakes, beat softened butter with fine sugar, add eggs, vanilla and beat until the mass turns white and the sugar dissolves.
2. Add flour and knead the dough.
3 Spread the dough into a circle around the diameter of the mold. Bake at 230C for 10 minutes. Cool without removing from paper. Bake the second cake in the same way.
4 To make an agar-agar soufflé in a saucepan, soak in 140 ml of water for several hours. 5. Condensed milk and butter (room temperature), beat them into a cream, add vanilla extract.
6. Bring water with agar-agar over low heat to a boil, stirring constantly so that the agar-agar is completely dissolved and does not burn. Boil for one minute, then add sugar. Put on medium heat. Stirring continuously, bring the mixture to a boil. As soon as the syrup increases in volume and white foam appears, remove the saucepan from the heat. Check the syrup for a thread - raise the spatula above the stewpan, a thin thread will be pulled behind it. This means the syrup is ready.
7. Cool the syrup a little - up to 80C. Beat the chilled proteins in a large bowl until a stable relief appears on the surface. Add citric acid and beat until stiff.
8. Pour the hot syrup into the whites in a thin stream - the mass will begin to increase in volume.
Beat until stiff. Stir in the butter and condensed milk, reducing the speed of the mixer and mix the soufflé until smooth.
9 Pour half of the soufflé into the crust form. From above - the second cake and the second batch of soufflé. Refrigerate the cake pan for 3-4 hours.
10 For frosting, melt chocolate and butter in a bain-marie or microwave, carefully pour over top of cake. Let it freeze. To remove the cake from the mold, run a narrow knife along the sides of the mold and remove it.
How to make "Bird's milk" using gelatin?
20g powdered gelatin, soak in 2 tbsp. water, leave to swell for 10 minutes. Then pour in another 3 tbsp. boiling water to dissolve the gelatin. Add to syrup instead of agar-agar (see step 6)