Peacock tail appetizer is quick and easy to prepare and looks very impressive! We recommend two recipes for your holiday table.
It is best to prepare an eggplant appetizer in the high season, that is, in the fall. But both in summer and winter you can find strong, tasty vegetables. Therefore, the recipe is useful for the New Year's table or any other festive feast. The eggplant appetizer got its name "Peacock Tail" for its external resemblance to the object of the same name. She is as bright and colorful as the most elegant bird in the world.
"Peacock tail" - an eggplant appetizer in the oven
Prep time: 45 minutes
- Eggplant 2 pcs
- Cucumber ½ pieces
- Bulgarian pepper (red) 1/3 pcs
- pitted olives 8-12 pcs
- Olive oil
- Processed cheese 180g
- Chicken egg 2 pcs
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Mayonnaise 2 tbsp
- Green salad for garnish
- S alt and freshly ground black pepper
- Boil the eggs for 10-12 minutes (hard boiled).
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Cut the eggplant into circles, place on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- At this time, get yourself a cheese salad for an appetizer. Finely grate the melted cheese and eggs, add chopped garlic and 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise, mix well.
- Cut cucumber into slices, pepper into small strips. Cut the olives into 2 equal parts.
- Remove the eggplant from the oven. If there is excess oil, blot with paper towels.
- Spread a teaspoon of lettuce on each eggplant. Next, lay a cucumber and half an olive on the edge of the eggplant circle, forming a pattern like on a peacock's tail. Top the eggplant with a piece of pepper.
- Place a few green lettuce leaves on a platter, top with vegetables and peacock-shaped lettuce. Ready! Time to wow your guests!
Try this Peacock Eggplant Appetizer! The recipe can be modified, giving scope for your imagination.
Appetizer "Peacock tail" from pita bread
There is another version of the dish with the same name. It is made even without eggplant - if in the past recipe for a blue Peacock tail appetizer they played a major role, then in this case they will not be needed at all. The dish also got its name because of the external resemblance to a peacock's tail, since pita bread rolls are stacked on a plate in layers and begin to resemble it. By the way, this recipe is even easier and faster than the previous one!
Prep time: 15 minutes
- Armenian lavash (thin) 1 pcs
- Cream cheese 100 gr.
- Slightly s alted trout or salmon 150g
Appetizer "Peacock tail" from pita bread: recipe
- Open the lavash and brush with cream cheese.
- Place smoked or lightly s alted fish (in thin slices) on top, a couple of lettuce leaves on top.
- Roll the pita bread with the contents into a roll.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes (optional).
- Cut the roll into portions and place on a peacock tail platter. Done!