The actor who played Suleiman I leads a private life and rarely gives interviews. Here's what we found out about him.
Halit Ergench is an actor who became famous after the release of the series "The Magnificent Century". However, despite the crazy popularity of the film, the lead actor did not get star fever. He still talks little about himself, and if he gives interviews, he most often talks about his young wife Bergiozar Korel, who. But something about Halit can still be learned.
1. Ergench's father is also an actor. He married five times and his son was worried that he was loving him. Khalit has two older sisters who were born in his dad's previous marriage and four siblings. They were born in subsequent unions of Ergench Sr.
2. Halit did not immediately decide on his future profession. At first he studied shipbuilding, then, secretly from his relatives, he entered the music and drama department. Then he started learning to dance. And only after he played in the musical, he felt his true calling.
3. The future star of the TV series "The Magnificent Century", which anyone can now watch on the "Home" channel, did not shy away from any work during her student days. Ergench worked as a computer operator, sold rugs and speculated on tickets, glued sun-protection film on windows. He even performed a robot dance at a textile fair.
4. Friends call it a "half-empty glass." As you know, an optimist sees a glass that is half full, and a pessimist believes that the glass is half empty. The actor himself says that internally he is always dissatisfied with the result of his work.
5. Halit is the father of two sons, but he could have had many children. The first marriage of the actor lasted only a year and a half. When Ergench divorced his first wife, Gizem Soysaldi, she was pregnant at the time of the separation and had an abortion. In the second union, the star of the "Magnificent Century" had two sons. The youngest of them delighted his parents with his birth during quarantine - in March 2020.
6. Ergench's eldest son never saw his father without a beard until the age of four. When filming ended, the first thing the actor did was to get rid of the lush facial hair.
7. Halit does not maintain social media accounts - Berguzar Korel's second wife does it for him. He became disillusioned with the media and social media when he married for the second time. “Before, only neighbors gossiped about us, now the whole Internet is full of gossip about our family,” the actor said in an interview with Telescope magazine.
8. During one of the love scenes with Meryem Uzerli, who played Alexandra Anastasia Lisowska Sultan, Ergench's wife could not stand it and ran away from the set in tears.
9. Berguzar is 12 years younger than her husband, and he is very afraid of losing her. The star of the "Magnificent Century" admires her ability to cook, the ability to present surprises. Sometimes she reminds him of his mother, who died in 2014.